Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crushcake Cupcakery

I love something sweet especially chocolate! My friend brought me cupcakes from Santa Barbara from their labor day weekend gateway.. Woot! Woot! There's this cupcakery at Santa Barbara that have a good review on yelp name Cruschcakes .


I have never been to the cafe itself, but from the review saying that the cafe has a great atmosphere and cute décor, would love to check out the place next time I visit Santa Barbara.
Inside the cute boxes, there are 4 different cupcakes' flavors which is their signature cupcake "Crushcake" - A red velvet topped with chocolate heart dipped into sour cream frosting ;
"Lemon Drop" - Luscious lemon cake with sweet lemon frosting and fresh lemon zest ;
"Strawberry Blush" - Fresh strawberry cake topped with rosy pink strawberry frosting ;
and the last one is "Cool Vanilla Bean" - The name itself is already cool! hahha.. It's simply vanilla cake topped with vanilla bean frosting.

(one cupcake is missing from this picture, u know where is it *blushing*)

There is a saying "You can't look at a cupcake without smiling", well I guess for me is true. Even I haven't put this small little thing into my mouth, I'm already smile widely because of the color, cuteness and I know it gonna be sweet on every bites.

When it comes to regular meal,I'm pretty simple. Give me something sugary, salty, crunchy or soft - and I'm satisfied. But when it comes to dessert, I'll very picky since I don't like it too sweet or else it'll ruin the original flavor of the food itself. Just give me chocolate, white or dark with no filling inside, I'll be sitting happily. LOL!

A little history lesson about cupcakes:

A cupcake (British English: fairy cake; Australian English: patty cake or cup cake) is a small cake designed to serve one person, frequently baked in a small, thin paper or aluminum cup. As with larger cakes, frosting and other cake decorations, such as sprinkles, are common on cupcakes. Although their origin is unknown, recipes for cupcakes have been printed since at least the late 18th century. ( Source: Wikipedia )

Sweet food or desserts especially chocolate contain phenylethylamine which is the same chemical that our brain produces when we fall in love.

So chocolate cupcakes = ♥ ♥ Love ♥ ♥


Love is sweet... Sweet like a cupcake...



No comments:

Post a Comment